In the early 1900’s Lorain City was a city on Lake Erie with no lakefront property for the public to enjoy. Corporations, railways, and private owners were gobbling up any lakefront property that was available. Afraid that eventually people would be isolated from the lakeshore, Lorain City officials started looking into purchasing land. What they found was nearly 42 acres on the north and south sides of West Erie Avenue, which is now known as Lakeview Park.
A great view of Lake Erie provides year-round birding.
Beautiful beach, picnic shelters, lawn bowling, family changing rooms, rinse showers.